If you get an email message with the subject: “VIRUS ALERT!” do not open the mail message.
If you do, the virus scrambles the second half of every text file on your system.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you do get this virus, the first thing dlkfjaiddfdjas nairb gfdq40wt yaj asdfsdg dluog av da[agj asdfajpg asdflasidffnm asd difvu asdfa vgoiae vdsofj we dasdf 9efm sd dag0 g adfjdl5gkj dkllj djf hsas9kaj kuieh nx3glkj gkdls kd li8siue ghkld hks1as dg 0vbwe ads gwefawe ads vewerwe dsf!
- Daily Joke: because it is science
- Daily Joke: fair play
- Daily Joke: education
- Daily Joke: honest opinion
- Daily Joke: In or Out?
- Daily Joke: Logic
- Daily Joke: Literal Meaning
- Daily Joke: Fool's Thoughts
- Daily Joke: Big Thank You
- Daily Joke: Jealous?
- Daily Joke: Is it Safe?
- Daily Joke: If Memory Serves
- Daily Joke: Good Dentist
- Daily Joke: Legal Restrictions
- Daily Joke: Champion's Feast
- Daily Joke: Good Accountants Never Sleep
- Daily Joke: Early for a Lecture
Passing on the duties of prime minister of Latvia to Maris Kucinskis, Laimdota Straujuma wished him five hours of sleep and promised no easy days in his future.
Over the course of the past two years, Latvian businessmen have had to deal with increased risk of cyber attacks, which were mentioned as increased risks by 62% of respondents. The risk of cyber attacks is followed by bribery and corruption risks, mentioned by 44% of respondents. 42% of respondents also mentioned the risk of internal fraud.
On Thursday, 11 February, Latvian Saeima officially expressed trust to Maris Kucinskis’ Cabinet of Ministers.
In a strongly-worded speech on actions of the West in the Middle Eastern refugee crisis, the Turkish President has warned Ankara could take several million refugees directly to the borders of Greece and Bulgaria.
In February, following a decline of the gas price to 192.09 EUR/1,000 m3, heating tariffs, which are calculated based on the gas price, are expected to be up 19% lower in comparison with last year’s February.
On 1 February, prosecutor of Riga District Court Prosecutor’s Office submitted the criminal case on counterfeit coin production and distribution to court in order to launch criminal prosecution of the persons accused of producing counterfeit coins in the Republic of Latvia.
Maris Kucinskis’ forming government’s average age will be slightly bigger than that of Laimdota Straujuma’s government at the moment of its approval. Most of the ministers of the new government in Latvia have children.
The managing director of the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde, has warned Kyiv the fund could stop its bail-out programme over «slow progress» in state reforms and fighting corruption.
The Latvian parliament has approved amendments to the Energy Law that provide new gas market principles for traders and the rights to all Latvian gas consumers to choose a gas supplier. With that, Latvijas Gāze is now obligated to separate its gas management and storage from trade and supply by creating two separate companies by 3 April 2017.
LTV has requested Latvian State Police and Riga District Court Prosecutor's Office to inspect information publicly posted by Saeima deputy Dainis Liepins about allegedly criminal actions committed by employees of LTV.
On Thursday, 11 February, the Latvian Saeima will view amendments to the Latvian Code of Administrative Violations that provide for the adoption of new principles in the policy of administrative penalties – the person who admits his guilt and pays the fine in time will pay less.
A former Auschwitz concentration camp guard, now 94 years old, will go on trial in Germany for the murder of at least 170 000 people.
«NATO defence ministers agreed on an enhanced forward presence in the eastern part of our Alliance,» Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stated during a NATO ministerial meeting on February 10.
The European Commission has increased pressure on Latvia and six other countries for improperly realising the European agenda on migration.
Last week, Latvian State Police’s Economic Crimes Prevention Office managed to prevent a potential incident with Valsts nekustamie īpašumi information that could have impacted state economic and military security. One person has been apprehended and put under arrest.
On Thursday, 11 February, the Latvian Saeima will meet for a festive signing of the declaration of the government to be formed by prime minister candidate Maris Kucinskis.
If they were free from different financial restrictions, the majority of Latvian residents would like to retire at the age of 55, according to results of DNB Bank’s survey. Every fifth respondent said 62 years and nine months is the perfect age for retirement.
Latvian State Police plans to submit the criminal case of the so-called Imanta paedophile to the court in the nearest future, as confirmed by Chief of State Police Ints Kuzis at the meeting of the Saeima Defence, Internal Affairs and Corruption Prevention Committee on 10 February.
Expanding its alcoholic product assortment in 2015, Latvijas balzams had procured and used 126 tons of different natural and herbal raw materials, which is 32 tons or 25% more procured raw materials when compared with 2014.
The European Commission is increasing pressure on the Greek government to fulfil its commitments in migration and border control and to improve conditions for asylum seekers.
Opposite to what its politicians have said so far, the government of prime minister candidate Maris Kucinskis does not see demography as a priority, said demographer Ilmars Mezs in an interview to LNT.
- In pictures: Flood and canoeing in Estonia’s Soomaa national park
- In pictures: Carnival parade in Rio
- In pictures: Lunar New Year celebrations in nine countries
- Calendar of cultural events in Lithuania. Shrovetide (Užgavėnės) in Vilnius
- Dutch police mistake opera for domestic violence
- Video: Biting and spitting in sync
- Video: Ever-green Super Mario filmed running round cake
- Video: How’s rake better than leaf blower?
- Calendar of cultural events in Lithuania. Recent Paintings from UK
- No-hangover liquor discovered in North Korea
Top 5 Business news
- airBaltic investment agreement is signed
- Expert: fluctuating beginning of the year is an opportunity for clever investors
- Electricity was cheaper at the exchange that in fixed price contracts last year
- Laima sweets manufacturer to have a new logo
- Lukoil sells petrol stations in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland to Austrians
Top 5 Social news
- Study: Russia would take Riga or Tallinn within 36 to 60 hours
- Russia promises to respond to the increasing presence of US forces in Europe
- Sanction drafts and other decisions Saeima views this week
- Hunters shoot 7,871th female wild board in Latvia
- Security Police apprehends one of the Latvians fighting in Eastern Ukraine
Top 5 World news
Top 5 Video
Linda @ 2016-02-10 19:10:33
Linda @ 2016-02-10 19:08:14
Mehis @ 2016-02-05 16:27:05
airBatlic from the perspective of travel agent and client is a wonderful airline in all aspects as long as there aren't delays or cancellations - under such circumstances airBaltic becomes one of the toughest airlines to deal with!
jj @ 2016-02-04 12:01:25
jj @ 2016-02-04 12:00:16