Monday, April 23
- The Minister of Economy Daniels Pavluts is on a working visit to Germany from April 22 to April 24. Pavluts is visiting the world’s largest industrial fair Hannover Messe. On Monday, April 23, he will meet with the Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs Secretary of State Oliver Liersch.
- The Central Union of Latvian Dairy Producers is holding its annual congress, attended by the Minister of Agriculture Laimdota Straujuma.
- Riga hosts an international seminar «Oil industry safety».
- Experts are holding a discussion on the latest research and innovation in the use of composite materials in the Baltic region.
- Economists Janis Oslejs, Gatis Kokins and Ansis Dobelis, Chairman of the association Progresīvie take part in a public discussion «Why do we need more equal society?»
- Finance Minister Andris Vilks, the Finance Ministry’s (FM) State Secretary Sanita Bajare and the Finance and Capital Market Commission participate in the spring session of the World Bank group and International Monetary Fund in Washington.
- Latvian businessmen take part in the world’s largest industrial fair Hannover Messe.
Tuesday, April 24
-The Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia reports about the changes in producer prices in the manufacturing industry in March 2012 as well as the data on job applicants in 2011.
-The Ministry of Finance hosts a meeting dedicated to the realization of the Latvian-Swiss partnership from April 2011 to March 2012.
-Avalon Hotel hosts the «Ethical problems and their resolution in pharmacy function» conference, organized by the Pharmacy Development Society.
-The Latvian Producers and Performers Association organize a press-breakfast, during which they plan to discuss important questions.
-Members of the British chamber of Commerce in Latvia meet with the Executive Director of Foreign Investors Council in Latvia Girts Greiskalns.
-Radisson Blu Hotel Latvia hosts the first international conference for Baltic Sea region forestry investments.
Wednesday, April 25
-Radison Blu Daugava Hotel hosts a business-forum of the Latvian Staff Management Association Ar + zīmi sirdī! (With a + sign in the heart!)
-The Lithuanian Tourism Department in cooperation with the Lithuanian Embassy in Latvia hold a presentation, about the possibilities of tourism in Lithuania for the Latvian tourism industry, journalists and state institutions.
-Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, LETA news agency and the Communicato agency organize a discussion for enterprise managers on the topic of lobbying.
-Stockholm School of Economics in Riga hosts a seminar about freelancer-journalists and possibilities of earning money while preparing materials for several media agencies.
-Sakret construction materials company in cooperation with the Riga Technical University and the Ministry of Economy host the «Restoration of buildings, rehabilitation and renovation of the facades» conference in the Latvian Society House.
Thursday, April 26
-The Latvian investment and development agency hosts a free seminar of «The quality realization of the «Measures of improving heat efficiency in residential homes» program based project».
-The Riga Technical University hosts a free conference about the possibilities of Latvian companies taking part in the procurements of the Japanese Hitachi concern, including as part of the Visagina NPP construction project.
-The German-Baltic Trade Chamber hosts a press-conference, during which they plan to report about the last year’s market situation.
-The Turiba University hosts a lecture of the Nordea Banka Social Relations manager Dagnia Leyina «11 confessions about social relations in an 11-year perspective».
-Riga Shipyard (Rīgas kuģu būvētava) shareholder meeting.
-Minister of Agriculture Laidmota Straujuma participates in the meeting of the Council of Ministers of Agriculture and Fisheries EU in Luxembourg.
Friday, April 27
-The Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia reports about 2011 producer prices and indexes in agriculture.
-Minister of Finance Andris Vilks meets with the European Regional Development Bank representative, to discuss the annual meeting of the bank’s Commissioners.
-The Kipsala International Exhibition Centre hosts the opening of the Auto 2012 exhibition, the Auto Exotica 2012 auto-tuning show, the Transporta tehnika 2012 industrial machinery exhibition and the Automehanika 2012 special service center equipment, tools and accessories exhibition.