bnn.lv Latviski   bnn-news.com English   bnn-news.ru По-русски
LatviaLatvia

Latvian Post to require a loan of 10.5 million due to euro adoption

FaceBook
Twitter
Draugiem
(No Ratings Yet)

Baltic news, News from Latvia, BNN.LV, BNN-NEWS.COM, BNN-NEWS.RUStarting from January 2014, in accordance with the lat-euro free exchange initiative, residents will be able to exchange these currencies free of charge at Latvian Post branches located in low-populated areas for a period of three months. It is estimated that the total volume of euro exchange could be near EUR 14,94 million.

Latvian Post will require a loan in order to afford this service until euro becomes a fully legal and abundant means of payment. Latvian Post will require a loan from the state budget’s short-term loan fund, Finance Ministry explains.

FM has come up with a special law to clarify the second stage of early euro supply to Latvian Post and secure the necessary conditions for the successful progress of the early euro exchange initiative. The bill has been added to the agenda of today’s state secretary meeting. It will need to be approved by the government and parliament.

The bill provides for the issue of of a short-term loan to Latvian Post. It states that the Finance Minister is to sign an agreement regarding the issue of a LVL 10.5 million loan to Latvian Post this year.

The conditions of the loan are as follows: loan pay back term – March 31, 2014; the loan is to have a set interest rate in accordance with the loan issue and service order; the loan is not to be fitted with a risk interest rate; it is to be provided without security for the loan.

The completion of the agreement will be monitored by the State Treasury. The Transport Ministry will oversee the use of the loan money. Latvian Post will need to pay back the interest from the 2014 state budget to cover the costs of Transport Ministry’s supply of exchange currency, as mentioned in the bill.

Ref: 102.109.109.8616

1. Lee Chang says:

Greetings..
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 3%
    ………………………………….

Is the difficulty of the economy affecting you this year, is your bank refuses to give you a loan for the chrismas? If your answer is yes, then you need a loan. I’m Mr Lee Chang, the owner of a lending company We offer safe and secure loans at an interest rate of 3%.

* Are you financially squeezed?
    * Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    * Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
    * Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
    * Do you seek loans to carry out large projects?

If you have any of the above problems, we can be of assistance to you but I want you to understand that we give out loans at the interest rate of 3%.

* Borrow anything up to $95,000,000 USD.
    * Choose between 1 to 20 years to repay.
    * Choose between Monthly and Annual repayments Plan.
    * Flexible Loan Terms.
    Please if you are interested check back with us through this email address:leechangloancompany.ch@gmail.com

We promise a 100% guarantee that you will receive your loan at the end of this loan transaction.There is no security check, no credit check

Regards
    Lee Chang
    LEE CHANG LOAN COMPANY

2. Kathlyn Ross says:

I am Kathlyn Ross a resident/citizen of the United States of America. I am 51 years of age an businesswoman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business. If not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr. Colin Quinn who is a money lender to get a loan of [$100,000USD] from his company. When i contacted them it took just 48 hours to get my loan approved and transfer to my account after meeting all their modalities as set forth in their loan agreement/terms and conditions. Even if you have bad credit they still offer there service to you If you need urgent financial assistance you can contact them today to get a loan via this email address:[colinquinnloancompany@yahoo.com]

3. Mr.Richard Villa says:

Compliments of the day
    are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (individuals, companies, Realtor and corporate bodies) at our super interest rate of 3% .for application send replies to the email at the subject of this message. Contact Our Via Email: richardloan69@gmail.com.sg

4. Mr.Clark Nard says:

Do you need a Loan to start up a business or to pay up your bills ? We give out Loan at 3% Interest Rate ,if Interested Kindly send us your,Name,Amount Needed,Duration,Phone Number,Address,Country and Monthly Income Via Email to clarknardfinance69@gmail.com.sg

5. Lee Chang says:

Dear Sir / Madam

Vai jūs interesē iegūt aizdevumu ar procentu likmi 3%, jūs

ir nepieciešams kredīts, lai biznesa darījumu, pērkot auto, mājas

iegādāties sliktu kredītkaršu un citu ETC mēs dodam no ilgtermiņa aizdevuma

piecus līdz piecdesmit gadus maksimāli ar 3% likmi, kas
    Varbūt jums patīk

labi, pastāstiet mums par summu, jums ir nepieciešams, lai mēs sūtīšu noteikumus un

ar nosacījumu, ka, ja jūs tiešām interesē iegūt
    aizdevums no mums,

Izsniegto Great Lielbritānijas mārciņās un ASV dolāros.

Mēs varam sniegt Jums vislabāko gandarījumu saņemt aizdevumu no mums. kā

ņemot vērā garantijas un apdrošināšana, kas jūs saņemsiet savu aizdevuma summu jūsu

Personisko bankas kontu jūsu valstī. Kas aizņem tikai 48 stundas

Banku process. Mēs nodrošinām arī programmatūru un
    nenodrošinātajiem aizdevumiem

Rādīt jūsu biznesu. Jūs varat iekurs sazināties ar mums pa

6. Mrs Ralph Lauren says:

Hello Every One,
    My Name is Mrs Ralph Lauren i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with two kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bills for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender MR MICHAEL DAVID,who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $70,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender MR MICHAEL DAVID and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via..michaeldavid364@gmail.com,and i want you all to pray for this man for me

THANKS

Mrs Ralph Lauren

7. Fred Finns says:

Mēs piešķiram grūti naudas aizdevums

Mēs piešķir grūti naudas aizdevumus un jebkuru citu kredītu veidiem, ar procentu likmi sākot no 3% – 5%. Mēs piešķirt aizdevumus valsts mērogā, sākot no 1000.00 līdz 100 miljoniem USD / mārciņas / EURO. Mēs finansēt 100% un ar LTV par 75% -85% no nekustamā īpašuma iegādi.

Mēs piedāvājam šādu veidu Hard Money Aizdevumi:

būvniecības aizdevumiem
    Debitoru Kredīti kredītlīnijas
    Faktoringa Noliktavu finansēšana
    mašīnas Kredīti
    Apgrozāmā kapitāla aizdevumiem Grīdas segumi Lines
    Lauksaimniecības Kredīti, starptautisko aizdevumu
    Pasūtījuma Finansējums: praktiski jebkura veida uzņēmējdarbības aizdevums
    E.T.C. ..

Ja ir interese sazinieties ar mums pa e-pastu; fredlenders01@gmail.com

Sveicieni
    Fred somi mr

8. Mrs Ashley Taylor says:

Hello friends!!! My name is Ashley Taylor a citizen of USA. i want to testify of the good Loan Lender who showed light to me after been scammed by 6 different Internet international lenders, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay a lot of fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result.i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 5,000USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet looking fraudsters when i came across a testimony of man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called David Morrison Loan Company (davidmorrisonloancompany007@gmail.com)where he finally got his loan,so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 6 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain.I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them.so i filled the loan application form that was given to me and proceeded with all that was requested of me and I was given a loan amount of $100,000.00 Dollars by this great Company (David Morrison Loan Company} managed by Mr.David Morrison, and here i am today happy because DAVID MORRISON LOAN COMPANY has given me a loan so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan.Do you need a loan urgently? kindly and quickly contact David Morrison Loan Company now for your loan via email:davidmorrisonloancompany007@gmail.com

Mrs Ashley Taylor

9. Mr Martinz Lawler says:

Are you in need of a loan? we offer all kinds of loan like Personal loans, Debt Consolidation Loan, Venture Capital, Business Loan, Educational Loan, Home Loan, and Loan for any reason and urgent needs!. with an interest rate of 2.5% Have you been turned down by your bank? Do you have bad credit? Do you have unpaid bills? Are you in debt? Do you need to set up a business? Worry no more as we are here to offer you the chance to get a loan. Our loan ranges from any amount of your choice.if interested contact us on this email martinzlawlerloancompany9@gmail.com with the following details 1. Your Full names:_______ 2. Contact address:_______ 3. Country Of Residence:______ 4. Loan Amount Required:________ 5. Duration:_____ 6. Gender:_____ 7. Occupation:________ 8. Monthly Income:_______ 9. Date Of Birth:________ 10.Telephone Number:_________ Email:martinzlawlerloancompany9@gmail.com

10. Mr Slim Evans says:

Good day I am Mr Slim Evans by name and i live in united kingdom i will like to talk about the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was been scammed so i became desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online then i saw a comment from a friend called Walter Chad and he talked about this legit loan company where he got his loan fast and easy without any stress so he introduced me to a lady called Mrs Elena Harton who controls a firm called Elena Harton Loan Firm, So i applied for a loan sum of($300,000.00usd) with low interest rate of 2.5% so the loan was approved and deposited into my bank account that was how i was able to get my loan to keep my broken business running and also to pay off my bills so i am advising everyone of you who is interested in getting a loan fast and easy to kindly contact the loan company via email:(elenaharton463@gmail.com) to get any kind of loan you need today,thanks as you read the greatest testimony of my life.

11. Mrs Barbara Arnold says:

Hello Every One,
    My Name is Mrs Barbara Arnold, i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr Bruce Brandon who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the Internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $55,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Mr.Bruce Brandon and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via ( bruce.brandon071@gmail.com ) and i want you all to pray for this man for me

THANKS

• Brian says:

Thank you Barbara.

Please contact Mike Walsh.

Mike believes in anything. Or if he doesn’t he will tell anything you want, if you pay him cash.

12. joyce says:

This is to inform the public that Ms. Maris, personal loan lenders financial opportunity for those who need financial assistance. We provide loan interest rate by 2% for individuals, businesses and corporations in accordance with the terms that are clear and easy to understand. contact us today via email: Marisjessica@outlook.com

DATA Loans

1) Full Name: ……………………………………… ……….
    2) State: ………………………………………. ………….
    3) Name: ………………………………………. …………
    4) Country: ………………………………………. …………….
    5) Gender: ………………………………………. ………………
    6) Marital Status: ……………………………………… ….
    7) Occupation: ……………………………………… ……..
    8) Phone: ………………………………………. ..
    9) At present the situation in the workplace: …………………
    10) Monthly Income: ………………………………………
    11) Loan Amount Needed: ……………………………….
    12) Term: ………………………………………. ..
    13) Purpose of Loan: ……………………………………..
    14) Religion: ………………………………………. ……….
    (15) Add Credit to: ……………………………

13. Mrs Rabeca moses says:

Hello Every One,My Name is Mrs Rabeca moses,, i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bills for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender MR Stephen Wilson,who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $70,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender MR Stephen Wilson and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via..stephenwilson364@gmail.com,and i want you all to pray for this man for me because he has done alot in my life,and put a smile on the face of my family my god will continue to bless you in jesus name [Amen]

THANKS

Mrs Rabeca moses,

14. Mrs betty Richy says:

Hello every one please i quickly want to use this medium to shear a testimony on how God directed me to a real loan lender who have transformed my life from grass to grace, from being poor to a rich woman who can now boast of a healthy and wealthy life without stress or financial difficulties. After so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and I was scammed the sum of $2,800 i became so desperate in getting a loan from a legit loan lender online who will not add to my pains,then i decided to contact a friend of mine who recently got a loan online, we discussed about the issue and to our conclusion she told me about a man called Mr Douglas Hook who is the CEO Stephen Wilson LOAN COMPANY So i applied for a loan sum of ($40,000.00) with low interest rate so the loan was approved easily without stress and all the preparations where made concerning the loan transfer and in less than two days the loan was deposited into my bank account i thought it was a joke until i received a call from my bank that my account have been credited with $40,000.00 i became so happy that finally god have answered my prayers by directing me to a real loan lender who was able to grant my heart desires. big thanks to Mr Douglas Hook for making life reasonable for me so i am advising everybody who is interested in getting a loan to kindly contact him via email (stephenwilson364@gmail.com) that was how i was able to get my loan, so i was able to pay off my bills. So thanks as you took out time to read about my success story and i pray god will also do his will in your life
    I am Mrs betty Richy

15. Mrs jenni smith says:

I NEVER THINK I WILL SUCCEED IN GETTING A LOAN FROM THE INTERNET Good day, My Friends be very careful, I am Mrs jenni smith,an American who base in the United Kingdom, i am so confidence to say that one’s in my life time i can experience legitimacy in loan company on the Internet world, if i was directed by somebody else to this company, i wouldn’t have written them because i have been fooled several times by online loan firm on the Internet and i decided to stay off applying for loan online until a time came when i was having financial problem due to the predicament i had in my place of work that leads to my sack off in my place of work and i have nobody to run to, my credit was very low, my rent was approaching it expiring dates and my kids have to been in school but due to my ex-sense spending before i got sack off from place of work i have nothing solve all this problem. I have no other option than to come online looking for online loan firm that will help me out of my financial problem and i came across a loan firm and i was scammed of 6,500 in my attempt of obtaining a loan from them and i almost committed suicide and i ask my self is the end of my life because i am a dieing mother of 3 kids to take care of, where will i get money to finance their education and pay my bills? all this are the questions that kept running inside my mind and became frustrated in the process of doing that and a words of encouragement came into me instantly saying it is not over yet, keep trying and you will definitely got in touch with your helper very soon and i stood up and said i will give this a last try and if nothing happens that means their is know hope for me any longer. And i went online that very moment and i came across a post by one (Mrs Julie klint) saying that he has never seen a real loan firm like the MR RAYMOND HOOK LOAN COMPANY and instantly i consulted the loan firm by the email which he place on the post and in that same day i got response from the manager ( MR RAYMOND HOOK) and he forward to me all the Rules and Regulations that is guiding the company which will enable me to obtain the loan from them and i ask him how long will it take me to finish the process of my loan because i am planning of getting into business after i lost my job and he said it will take us four or five days if i am fast in replying their message. I as him, hope i am not going to send any money to them because i was told here in my country that i shouldn’t send any money in getting a loan and he replied by saying that it surprise him when i said that because their is no loan firm online who will render service to a loan seeker without him/her paying anything upfront. It sound very hurt to his hearing and he took it as a pain and explained everything to me and when i have a rethink about it i discovered it was true and that was were those false loan firm took advantage in defrauding people of their had earn money and he gave me his words that i should go on with them and he will took me by surprise that they are truly for real and i went on and apply for a business loan of $74,000.00 USD for the duration of 10years and i paid all the charges that are needed to be paid and like he said he is going to surprise me, that was what he did, it was then i knew that there are still real loan company on the internet otherwise i wouldn’t have known. here is the consultation address:raymondhookloanfirm323@yahoo.com,if you want to consult them for more information

Thanks

Mrs jenni smith

16. Mr Potter Hook says:

Hello Every One, My Name is Mr Potter Hook i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my son encountered a terrible accident last weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again, and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr Prince William who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $200,000 USD and i payed for my son surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is no longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Mr Prince William and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing woman via email.princewilliamloanlender@gmail.com and i want you all to pray for this Man for me. THANKS Mr Potter Hook

17. mrslupe says:

Attn: We are lending Company located in United States, and we offer from $50,000 to $500 million and above. We have be existing for the pass 19 years here in united States, we are fast and save, we deliver within few hours to you anywhere in the world.. Do please contact the CEO. President of this Company on her private email for processing the loan amount requested. Thanks and God bless. Mrs. Lupe CEO/President United States of America Email: cashstationreynavila01@hotmail.com
     Thanks as you apply for this loan to assist your business

URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are serious minded.

18. kenneth says:

Do you need Business or Personal Loan?
    Our company is in the United States and Europe
    We give out loan to any individual and company at 3% interest rate yearly.
    For more information, Contact Email: stanleyfinancialfirm@gmail.com

19. Mr Ehis Lee says:

c

20. Anonymous says:

Do you need a loan if yes email us at: ramseydickson@outlook.com

21. Sharon Coolidge says:

I live in USA Florida and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them and please tell them that Mrs. Sharon Coolidge Lynn referred you to them. georgeloansfirm22@hotmail.com

Week in Lithuania. PM: Coalition isn't the best

Lithuanian Prime Minister Saulius Skvernelis, whose government has been in office for half a year, says that the Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union and the Lithuanian Social Democratic Party differ in their philosophies and approaches to many issues.

BNN summary of the week: Estonian minister disapproves of NATO; Latvia’s tax system lags behind

BNN offers a summary of this week’s topical news in a variety of categories: Business; Change; Future; Decline; Truth and Growth.

Municipal elections 2017: what do people say?

With municipal elections gradually coming close, BNN offers a compilation of opinions provided by experts from different industries. Short answers consist of thoughts about specific municipalities that affect respondents directly, and municipal administrations in general – what people expect from officials and what changes they expect from elections.

Trade of natural gas to legal clients in Latvia commences

Trade of natural gas to legal clients in Latvia has commenced. Latvenergo’s Elektrum product offers fixed-price contracts for 12-month supply period. The first gas supply contracts have been signed with clients in Latvia, the company reports.

Murniece: the biggest strength of Latvia’s parliament is public involvement

The biggest strength of Latvia’s parliament is the involvement of the public in resolution efforts of matters associated with child and women’s rights, the rights of disabled people, as well as security, tax policy and the European Union, says Saeima speaker Inara Murniece.

Corruption on decline in Lithuania, yet still remains troublesome

To wrap up the findings of a new corruption research ordered by the Special Investigation Service, an institution dealing with financial crimes in Lithuania, the situation is largely improving, yet not as fast as the service wishes.

Ventspils signs agreement with Chinese-Belarusian industrial park Great Stone

Vetnspils Freeport Authority and Ventspils High Technology Park signed an agreement yesterday with Chinese-Belarusian industrial park Great Stone, which is the largest infrastructure development project in Belarus, as reported by the freeport’s representatives.

Resignation filed by arrested Tallinn Deputy Mayor

The Deputy Mayor of the Estonian capital has stepped down from office after being arrested as part of a criminal case into violations of procedural restrictions of Tallinn procurement tenders.

Residents: situation in Latvia is developing in a wrong manner

54% of residents believe the situation in Latvia is currently developing in a wrong manner. A similar situation is noted in relation to the evaluation of the government’s work. 75% of respondents are critical about the government’s work. Only 17% of respondents are positive about the government’s work, according to results of Baltic International Bank Latvian Barometer.

Finance Minister: we have to be ready for flexibility in the reform plan

Currently we have to progress forward with the intended tax reform and prepare for a degree of flexibility, says Latvian Finance Minister Dana Reizniece-Ozola.

Zarins: unlike healthcare workers, Latvia’s roads are crumbling silently

Saeima deputy Ivars Zarins has submitted a proposal that offers restoring State Roads Fund and providing it with funding of 80% of excise tax for oil products. It is also proposed to divert income from vehicle operation tax and road use fee.

Price of oil slides 5%, though exporters decide to uphold production restrictions

Oil price has dropped by around five percent, even though oil-exporting countries have decided to maintain production limits until spring 2018.

Experts: role of free trade agreements to increase – especially with Asia

Latvian businessmen are already sufficiently active in several Asian markets. Their experience shows – these markets have great potential, according to representatives of the European Parliament’s Information Bureau.

Trump steps up pressure on NATO’s «indebted»

All NATO member states should pay their fair share of military expenses, has stated U.S. President Donald Trump in a meeting of NATO member states in Brussels.

Sunday expected to be summer-like hot in Latvia

This Sunday is expected to be summer-like hot, whereas the week after will be cold and rainy, as reported by Environment, Geology and Meteorology Centre.

Pensioner guide: old people are isolated from society in Latvia

«In my experience with social care, I was surprised by the dominating belief that the only thing old people need is elementary care – some food, a wash and a walk outside. Psychology of old people is something completely alien to people in Latvia,» says initiator of Pensioners Guide in Latvia Nelli Skadina.

SEB: reimbursements paid to nearly 340 loan clients over the past five years

In five years since the signing of the first loan payment insurance contract, reimbursements have been paid to nearly 240 SEB Bank clients who took loans and experienced unexpected difficulties after.

Number of tourists to Riga up 7% in 2017

In the first three months of 2017, a total of 263.5 thousand people were serviced in Riga’s hotels and tourist accommodations. 221.3 thousand of those tourists were foreign guests. Compared with the same period of last year, the number of tourists has grown 7%.

Estonian capital’s Deputy Mayor arrested over waste management dealings

The Deputy Mayor of Tallinn, Arvo Sarapuu, accused of deliberately violating procedural restrictions an especially large scale as part of a criminal case, has been arrested by the Estonian Internal Security Service.

Saeima ratifies convention on restriction for the use of mercury

On Thursday, 25 May, Latvia’s Saeima ratified Minamata Convention on Mercury. The objective of the convention is protecting people and the environment against anthropogenic emissions and leaks of mercury.

Europe experienced foreign investment records last year

Last year, Europe attracted a record large volume of foreign investments with 5,845 new direct investment projects, which is 15% more than the year before, according to results of EY European Attractiveness Survey.

Electric car charging network expands in Latvia to promote «greener thinking»

The once long-away dream of having cars that run on alternative fuel is now a reality – a special infrastructure network keeps expanding in Latvia to make electric cars more popular, says Motors Latvia BMW Group manager Ivars Norvelis.

Estonian Minister steps down after questioning NATO membership

Estonian Minister of Public Affairs Mihhail Korb has stated he resigns from office after saying he is not in favour of NATO membership.

Construction of a fish freezer commences at Ventspils Freeport

Construction work has commenced in Ventspils industrial territory on Talsu Street 200. Latvian National Fisheries Producers' Organisation plans to build a fish freezer facility there, as reported by Ventspils Freeport.

EC: there is a risk tax reform will increase inequality

There is a risk that Latvian government’s proposed tax reform will increase income inequality in the country instead of lowering it, said head of European Commission’s office in Latvia Inna Steinbuka.