bnn.lv Latviski   bnn-news.com English   bnn-news.ru По-русски
LatviaLatvia

Latvian Post to require a loan of 10.5 million due to euro adoption

FaceBook
Twitter
Draugiem
(No Ratings Yet)

Baltic news, News from Latvia, BNN.LV, BNN-NEWS.COM, BNN-NEWS.RUStarting from January 2014, in accordance with the lat-euro free exchange initiative, residents will be able to exchange these currencies free of charge at Latvian Post branches located in low-populated areas for a period of three months. It is estimated that the total volume of euro exchange could be near EUR 14,94 million.

Latvian Post will require a loan in order to afford this service until euro becomes a fully legal and abundant means of payment. Latvian Post will require a loan from the state budget’s short-term loan fund, Finance Ministry explains.

FM has come up with a special law to clarify the second stage of early euro supply to Latvian Post and secure the necessary conditions for the successful progress of the early euro exchange initiative. The bill has been added to the agenda of today’s state secretary meeting. It will need to be approved by the government and parliament.

The bill provides for the issue of of a short-term loan to Latvian Post. It states that the Finance Minister is to sign an agreement regarding the issue of a LVL 10.5 million loan to Latvian Post this year.

The conditions of the loan are as follows: loan pay back term – March 31, 2014; the loan is to have a set interest rate in accordance with the loan issue and service order; the loan is not to be fitted with a risk interest rate; it is to be provided without security for the loan.

The completion of the agreement will be monitored by the State Treasury. The Transport Ministry will oversee the use of the loan money. Latvian Post will need to pay back the interest from the 2014 state budget to cover the costs of Transport Ministry’s supply of exchange currency, as mentioned in the bill.

Ref: 102.109.109.8616

1. Lee Chang says:

Greetings..
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 3%
    ………………………………….

Is the difficulty of the economy affecting you this year, is your bank refuses to give you a loan for the chrismas? If your answer is yes, then you need a loan. I’m Mr Lee Chang, the owner of a lending company We offer safe and secure loans at an interest rate of 3%.

* Are you financially squeezed?
    * Do you seek funds to pay off credits and debts?
    * Do you seek finance to set up your own business?
    * Are you in need of private or business loans for various purposes?
    * Do you seek loans to carry out large projects?

If you have any of the above problems, we can be of assistance to you but I want you to understand that we give out loans at the interest rate of 3%.

* Borrow anything up to $95,000,000 USD.
    * Choose between 1 to 20 years to repay.
    * Choose between Monthly and Annual repayments Plan.
    * Flexible Loan Terms.
    Please if you are interested check back with us through this email address:leechangloancompany.ch@gmail.com

We promise a 100% guarantee that you will receive your loan at the end of this loan transaction.There is no security check, no credit check

Regards
    Lee Chang
    LEE CHANG LOAN COMPANY

2. Kathlyn Ross says:

I am Kathlyn Ross a resident/citizen of the United States of America. I am 51 years of age an businesswoman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business. If not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr. Colin Quinn who is a money lender to get a loan of [$100,000USD] from his company. When i contacted them it took just 48 hours to get my loan approved and transfer to my account after meeting all their modalities as set forth in their loan agreement/terms and conditions. Even if you have bad credit they still offer there service to you If you need urgent financial assistance you can contact them today to get a loan via this email address:[colinquinnloancompany@yahoo.com]

3. Mr.Richard Villa says:

Compliments of the day
    are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (individuals, companies, Realtor and corporate bodies) at our super interest rate of 3% .for application send replies to the email at the subject of this message. Contact Our Via Email: richardloan69@gmail.com.sg

4. Mr.Clark Nard says:

Do you need a Loan to start up a business or to pay up your bills ? We give out Loan at 3% Interest Rate ,if Interested Kindly send us your,Name,Amount Needed,Duration,Phone Number,Address,Country and Monthly Income Via Email to clarknardfinance69@gmail.com.sg

5. Lee Chang says:

Dear Sir / Madam

Vai jūs interesē iegūt aizdevumu ar procentu likmi 3%, jūs

ir nepieciešams kredīts, lai biznesa darījumu, pērkot auto, mājas

iegādāties sliktu kredītkaršu un citu ETC mēs dodam no ilgtermiņa aizdevuma

piecus līdz piecdesmit gadus maksimāli ar 3% likmi, kas
    Varbūt jums patīk

labi, pastāstiet mums par summu, jums ir nepieciešams, lai mēs sūtīšu noteikumus un

ar nosacījumu, ka, ja jūs tiešām interesē iegūt
    aizdevums no mums,

Izsniegto Great Lielbritānijas mārciņās un ASV dolāros.

Mēs varam sniegt Jums vislabāko gandarījumu saņemt aizdevumu no mums. kā

ņemot vērā garantijas un apdrošināšana, kas jūs saņemsiet savu aizdevuma summu jūsu

Personisko bankas kontu jūsu valstī. Kas aizņem tikai 48 stundas

Banku process. Mēs nodrošinām arī programmatūru un
    nenodrošinātajiem aizdevumiem

Rādīt jūsu biznesu. Jūs varat iekurs sazināties ar mums pa

6. Mrs Ralph Lauren says:

Hello Every One,
    My Name is Mrs Ralph Lauren i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with two kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bills for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender MR MICHAEL DAVID,who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $70,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender MR MICHAEL DAVID and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via..michaeldavid364@gmail.com,and i want you all to pray for this man for me

THANKS

Mrs Ralph Lauren

7. Fred Finns says:

Mēs piešķiram grūti naudas aizdevums

Mēs piešķir grūti naudas aizdevumus un jebkuru citu kredītu veidiem, ar procentu likmi sākot no 3% – 5%. Mēs piešķirt aizdevumus valsts mērogā, sākot no 1000.00 līdz 100 miljoniem USD / mārciņas / EURO. Mēs finansēt 100% un ar LTV par 75% -85% no nekustamā īpašuma iegādi.

Mēs piedāvājam šādu veidu Hard Money Aizdevumi:

būvniecības aizdevumiem
    Debitoru Kredīti kredītlīnijas
    Faktoringa Noliktavu finansēšana
    mašīnas Kredīti
    Apgrozāmā kapitāla aizdevumiem Grīdas segumi Lines
    Lauksaimniecības Kredīti, starptautisko aizdevumu
    Pasūtījuma Finansējums: praktiski jebkura veida uzņēmējdarbības aizdevums
    E.T.C. ..

Ja ir interese sazinieties ar mums pa e-pastu; fredlenders01@gmail.com

Sveicieni
    Fred somi mr

8. Mrs Ashley Taylor says:

Hello friends!!! My name is Ashley Taylor a citizen of USA. i want to testify of the good Loan Lender who showed light to me after been scammed by 6 different Internet international lenders, they all promise to give me a loan after making me pay a lot of fees which yield nothing and amounted to no positive result.i lost my hard earn money and it was a total of 5,000USD. One day as i was browsing through the internet looking fraudsters when i came across a testimony of man who was also scammed and eventually got linked to a legit loan company called David Morrison Loan Company (davidmorrisonloancompany007@gmail.com)where he finally got his loan,so i decided to contact the same loan company and then told them my story on how i have been scammed by 6 different lenders who did nothing but to course me more pain.I explain to the company by mail and all they told me was to cry no more because i will get my loan in their company and also i have made the right choice of contacting them.so i filled the loan application form that was given to me and proceeded with all that was requested of me and I was given a loan amount of $100,000.00 Dollars by this great Company (David Morrison Loan Company} managed by Mr.David Morrison, and here i am today happy because DAVID MORRISON LOAN COMPANY has given me a loan so i made a vow to my self that i will keep testifying on the internet on how i got my loan.Do you need a loan urgently? kindly and quickly contact David Morrison Loan Company now for your loan via email:davidmorrisonloancompany007@gmail.com

Mrs Ashley Taylor

9. Mr Martinz Lawler says:

Are you in need of a loan? we offer all kinds of loan like Personal loans, Debt Consolidation Loan, Venture Capital, Business Loan, Educational Loan, Home Loan, and Loan for any reason and urgent needs!. with an interest rate of 2.5% Have you been turned down by your bank? Do you have bad credit? Do you have unpaid bills? Are you in debt? Do you need to set up a business? Worry no more as we are here to offer you the chance to get a loan. Our loan ranges from any amount of your choice.if interested contact us on this email martinzlawlerloancompany9@gmail.com with the following details 1. Your Full names:_______ 2. Contact address:_______ 3. Country Of Residence:______ 4. Loan Amount Required:________ 5. Duration:_____ 6. Gender:_____ 7. Occupation:________ 8. Monthly Income:_______ 9. Date Of Birth:________ 10.Telephone Number:_________ Email:martinzlawlerloancompany9@gmail.com

10. Mr Slim Evans says:

Good day I am Mr Slim Evans by name and i live in united kingdom i will like to talk about the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and was been scammed so i became desperate in getting a loan from a legit lender online then i saw a comment from a friend called Walter Chad and he talked about this legit loan company where he got his loan fast and easy without any stress so he introduced me to a lady called Mrs Elena Harton who controls a firm called Elena Harton Loan Firm, So i applied for a loan sum of($300,000.00usd) with low interest rate of 2.5% so the loan was approved and deposited into my bank account that was how i was able to get my loan to keep my broken business running and also to pay off my bills so i am advising everyone of you who is interested in getting a loan fast and easy to kindly contact the loan company via email:(elenaharton463@gmail.com) to get any kind of loan you need today,thanks as you read the greatest testimony of my life.

11. Mrs Barbara Arnold says:

Hello Every One,
    My Name is Mrs Barbara Arnold, i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr Bruce Brandon who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the Internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $55,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Mr.Bruce Brandon and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via ( bruce.brandon071@gmail.com ) and i want you all to pray for this man for me

THANKS

• Brian says:

Thank you Barbara.

Please contact Mike Walsh.

Mike believes in anything. Or if he doesn’t he will tell anything you want, if you pay him cash.

12. joyce says:

This is to inform the public that Ms. Maris, personal loan lenders financial opportunity for those who need financial assistance. We provide loan interest rate by 2% for individuals, businesses and corporations in accordance with the terms that are clear and easy to understand. contact us today via email: Marisjessica@outlook.com

DATA Loans

1) Full Name: ……………………………………… ……….
    2) State: ………………………………………. ………….
    3) Name: ………………………………………. …………
    4) Country: ………………………………………. …………….
    5) Gender: ………………………………………. ………………
    6) Marital Status: ……………………………………… ….
    7) Occupation: ……………………………………… ……..
    8) Phone: ………………………………………. ..
    9) At present the situation in the workplace: …………………
    10) Monthly Income: ………………………………………
    11) Loan Amount Needed: ……………………………….
    12) Term: ………………………………………. ..
    13) Purpose of Loan: ……………………………………..
    14) Religion: ………………………………………. ……….
    (15) Add Credit to: ……………………………

13. Mrs Rabeca moses says:

Hello Every One,My Name is Mrs Rabeca moses,, i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bills for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender MR Stephen Wilson,who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $70,000 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender MR Stephen Wilson and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man via..stephenwilson364@gmail.com,and i want you all to pray for this man for me because he has done alot in my life,and put a smile on the face of my family my god will continue to bless you in jesus name [Amen]

THANKS

Mrs Rabeca moses,

14. Mrs betty Richy says:

Hello every one please i quickly want to use this medium to shear a testimony on how God directed me to a real loan lender who have transformed my life from grass to grace, from being poor to a rich woman who can now boast of a healthy and wealthy life without stress or financial difficulties. After so many months of trying to get a loan on the internet and I was scammed the sum of $2,800 i became so desperate in getting a loan from a legit loan lender online who will not add to my pains,then i decided to contact a friend of mine who recently got a loan online, we discussed about the issue and to our conclusion she told me about a man called Mr Douglas Hook who is the CEO Stephen Wilson LOAN COMPANY So i applied for a loan sum of ($40,000.00) with low interest rate so the loan was approved easily without stress and all the preparations where made concerning the loan transfer and in less than two days the loan was deposited into my bank account i thought it was a joke until i received a call from my bank that my account have been credited with $40,000.00 i became so happy that finally god have answered my prayers by directing me to a real loan lender who was able to grant my heart desires. big thanks to Mr Douglas Hook for making life reasonable for me so i am advising everybody who is interested in getting a loan to kindly contact him via email (stephenwilson364@gmail.com) that was how i was able to get my loan, so i was able to pay off my bills. So thanks as you took out time to read about my success story and i pray god will also do his will in your life
    I am Mrs betty Richy

15. Mrs jenni smith says:

I NEVER THINK I WILL SUCCEED IN GETTING A LOAN FROM THE INTERNET Good day, My Friends be very careful, I am Mrs jenni smith,an American who base in the United Kingdom, i am so confidence to say that one’s in my life time i can experience legitimacy in loan company on the Internet world, if i was directed by somebody else to this company, i wouldn’t have written them because i have been fooled several times by online loan firm on the Internet and i decided to stay off applying for loan online until a time came when i was having financial problem due to the predicament i had in my place of work that leads to my sack off in my place of work and i have nobody to run to, my credit was very low, my rent was approaching it expiring dates and my kids have to been in school but due to my ex-sense spending before i got sack off from place of work i have nothing solve all this problem. I have no other option than to come online looking for online loan firm that will help me out of my financial problem and i came across a loan firm and i was scammed of 6,500 in my attempt of obtaining a loan from them and i almost committed suicide and i ask my self is the end of my life because i am a dieing mother of 3 kids to take care of, where will i get money to finance their education and pay my bills? all this are the questions that kept running inside my mind and became frustrated in the process of doing that and a words of encouragement came into me instantly saying it is not over yet, keep trying and you will definitely got in touch with your helper very soon and i stood up and said i will give this a last try and if nothing happens that means their is know hope for me any longer. And i went online that very moment and i came across a post by one (Mrs Julie klint) saying that he has never seen a real loan firm like the MR RAYMOND HOOK LOAN COMPANY and instantly i consulted the loan firm by the email which he place on the post and in that same day i got response from the manager ( MR RAYMOND HOOK) and he forward to me all the Rules and Regulations that is guiding the company which will enable me to obtain the loan from them and i ask him how long will it take me to finish the process of my loan because i am planning of getting into business after i lost my job and he said it will take us four or five days if i am fast in replying their message. I as him, hope i am not going to send any money to them because i was told here in my country that i shouldn’t send any money in getting a loan and he replied by saying that it surprise him when i said that because their is no loan firm online who will render service to a loan seeker without him/her paying anything upfront. It sound very hurt to his hearing and he took it as a pain and explained everything to me and when i have a rethink about it i discovered it was true and that was were those false loan firm took advantage in defrauding people of their had earn money and he gave me his words that i should go on with them and he will took me by surprise that they are truly for real and i went on and apply for a business loan of $74,000.00 USD for the duration of 10years and i paid all the charges that are needed to be paid and like he said he is going to surprise me, that was what he did, it was then i knew that there are still real loan company on the internet otherwise i wouldn’t have known. here is the consultation address:raymondhookloanfirm323@yahoo.com,if you want to consult them for more information

Thanks

Mrs jenni smith

16. Mr Potter Hook says:

Hello Every One, My Name is Mr Potter Hook i live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am a struggling mum with three kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my son encountered a terrible accident last weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again, and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr Prince William who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $200,000 USD and i payed for my son surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is no longer so much on me any more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to my self that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Mr Prince William and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing woman via email.princewilliamloanlender@gmail.com and i want you all to pray for this Man for me. THANKS Mr Potter Hook

17. mrslupe says:

Attn: We are lending Company located in United States, and we offer from $50,000 to $500 million and above. We have be existing for the pass 19 years here in united States, we are fast and save, we deliver within few hours to you anywhere in the world.. Do please contact the CEO. President of this Company on her private email for processing the loan amount requested. Thanks and God bless. Mrs. Lupe CEO/President United States of America Email: cashstationreynavila01@hotmail.com
     Thanks as you apply for this loan to assist your business

URGENT LOAN OFFER FOR THOSE that are serious minded.

18. kenneth says:

Do you need Business or Personal Loan?
    Our company is in the United States and Europe
    We give out loan to any individual and company at 3% interest rate yearly.
    For more information, Contact Email: stanleyfinancialfirm@gmail.com

19. Mr Ehis Lee says:

c

20. Anonymous says:

Do you need a loan if yes email us at: ramseydickson@outlook.com

21. Sharon Coolidge says:

I live in USA Florida and i am a happy woman today? I told my self that any Loan lender that could change my Life and that of my family, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to Them. If you are in need of loan and you are 100% sure to pay back the loan please contact them and please tell them that Mrs. Sharon Coolidge Lynn referred you to them. georgeloansfirm22@hotmail.com

22. james says:

Si usted conviene primero calcularé las condiciones del préstamo y el documento del reembolso para usted entonces después que usted nos enviará el pago y de allí su préstamo será aprobar y ser transferencia en su cuenta sin ninguna demora de la clase

23. Mr Roland Fredrick​ says:

Hello everyone,

I am a private loan lender from Russia Federation, reliable
    lender. I lend to businesses and individuals to all part of the world at low and affordable interest rate of 2%. If you were refused a loan by a
    bank financial institution for one or more reasons, or Are you financially squeezed looking for a business loan, personal loan, mortgage loan, car loan, student loan, debt consolidation loan, unsecured loan and venture capital ?
    You are in the right place for your loan Solutions If you are interested in the loan offer, please contact us in Russia Federation by email: (
    rolandfredrickloaninsuranceplc@hotmail.com) Whats App Number +1(845)731 5341
    Best Regards.

KNAB to procure 66 high-class safes for EUR 78,000

Latvia’s Corruption Prevention and Combating Bureau announced last week a procurement procedure for 66 first-class safes, as confirmed by KNAB and Procurement Monitoring Bureau.

Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between EU and Canada comes into force

On Thursday, 21 September, the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the European Union and Canada came into force, as confirmed by European Commission’s r press service in Latvia.

Ašeradens: productivity of Latvia’s economy is far behind Europe

Productivity of Latvia’s economy is far behind Europe – 43% behind the average productivity level in the European Union is actual prices, said Economy Minister Arvils Ašeradens in an interview to Neatkarīgā newspaper.

In pictures: Diversity of heads of state UN General Assembly

What suits and costumes have been chosen by presidents of 12 countries in several continents? BNN has compiled a picture gallery devoted to the UN General Assembly taking place this week in New York.

LVSADA is satisfied with healthcare funding legislative draft

The council of Latvian Health and Social Care Workers' Union has decided to conceptually support healthcare funding legislative draft, which was developed in cooperation with Healthcare Ministry, Association of Latvian Hospitals and Latvian Employers’ Confederation.

Riga Airport becomes part of TOP 5 of Europe’s rapidly growing airports

16.2% passenger number increase has allowed Riga International Airport to become one of five most rapidly growing airports in Europe in July. Riga airport has entered the group of airports whose number of serviced passengers reaches 5 – 10 million a year, according to information compiled by Airport Council International.

Producer prices in Estonia rise 4.7% August-to-August

The producer price index of industrial output in Estonia has from July to August this year grown by 0.8%, but from August last year – by 4.7%, Estonian statisticians have estimated.

Nordea and DNB merge to officially happen on 1 October

In accordance with the recent decision of the European Commission to approve the plans of Nordea and DNB Bank to merge their activities in Baltic States, the business deal will take place officially on 1 October 2017.

Kaljulaid in UN underlines effects of climate change and lack of women in peace talks

As the Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid made her first address at the UN General Assembly on Tuesday, September 19, she pointed out to world leaders effects of climate change and need to involve more women in peace talks.

Pabriks: Russia failed to intimidate anyone with Zapad exercises

Information acquired during Zapad 2017 military exercises will be enough to assess the tactics used and strategy, said MEP Artis Pabriks in an interview to Rīta panorama programme of LTV.

Latvian Court Administration invests in development Georgia’s court system

Latvian Court Administration opens Twinning project in Tbilisi, Georgia. This project provides for supporting rule of law and independence of court in Georgia to improve the professionalism of judges and court employees, as reported by Court Administration’s European Social Fund project manager Anna Skrjabina.

Spanish police seizes documents related to Catalonia referendum

As Spanish central government seeks derail the October 1 Catalonian independence referendum, which has been banned by the country's Constitutional Court, police in the autonomous region has seized boxes of documents related to holding the vote.

Court orders Loginovs and Pečaks to pay back illegally spent finances

Riga Regional Court has ordered former Riga Freeport CEO Leonids Loginovs and his deputy Aigars Pečaks to repay illegally spent finances in the amount of EUR 856,951.

Mexico shaken by tragic 7.1-magnitude earthquake

Buildings in Mexico City collapsed as a powerful, 7.1-magnitude earthquake struck in central Mexico taking the lives of no less than 220 people.

VNT director: I’m not desperate, managing such challenges is why we are here

Increase of infrastructure tariffs means cargo transports in Latvia’s direction will also become more expensive. In spite of that, Ventspils nafta terminals as a competitive commercial company that is interested in carrying cargoes from Belarus and Russia will definitely pay attention to tariff prices. «And in this case we are not the most competitive,» VNT Managing Director Lars Pantzlaff comments the situation over the plans of Latvijas Dzelzceļš to raise railway tariff plans.

Judins says parliamentary committee «is going nowhere»

The work performed by Saeima’s investigative committee in charge of oligarch case does not fit the established goal to investigate and analyse possible state capture, says member of the committee and Unity’s Saeima faction Andrejs Judins.

Study: residents criticize development of Latvia general situation the most

With the coming of autumn, residents’ optimism has declined significantly, according to results of Baltic International Bank’s Latvian Barometer.

Number of occupied jobs in Latvia up 9.3 thousand

At the end of the first half of 2017, in Latvia there were 903.2 thousand occupied posts, and, compared to the end of the first half of 2016, the number has grown by 9.3 thousand or 1.0 %.

Latkovskis says sometimes questionable votes are lobbied in Saeima in secret

There have been cases sin which questionable votes were being lobbied in the parliament in secret. Compared with last year, this tendency is demonstrating growth, said Saeima deputy Ilmārs Latkovskis in an interview to Latvijas Avīze.

E-governance advocate Ilves comments on alleged Estonian ID card vulnerability

The ex-President of Estonia Toomas Hendrik Ilves, who has been an active advocate of e-governance has emphasised that a possible security risk with Estonian ID cards has not put that the country's reputation as an e-state at risk.

Delna invites Saeima to support initiative to liquidate option to abstain from votes

Society for openness Delna invites Saeima deputies to support public initiative and liquidate the option for deputies to abstain from votes.

82% of Estonian households use mobile internet at home

As to the choice of internet connection in Estonia, 82% of Estonian households use mobile internet at home, Estonian statisticians have estimated.

Baltic Express attracts railway cargoes; decline noted for other carriers

Railway cargo carrier Baltic Express more than doubled its cargo volumes in the first seven months of 2017. Meanwhile, other two cargo carriers – LDz Cargo and Baltic Transit Service – have suffered cargo declines. Baltic Association – Transport and Logistics notes that it is ringing the alarm over the situation in the industry, not over the interests of its members.

Survey: more than half of Latvian residents are half-serious about their health

44% of Latvian residents use all medicine prescribed by their doctor when they get sick, according to data from Mana Aptieka&Apotheka health index.

In pictures: Zapad drill in full swing

BNN offers you an insight into the quadrennial join military training of Belarus and Russia, which have been inspected in person by Russian President Vladimir Putin and Russian Defence Minister Sergey Shoygu.