Monday, September 17:
- President Andris Berzins meets with Yuri Lyanke, Moldavian Minister for Foreign Affairs and European Integration, and members of the Constitutional Rights Committee. He is also shedulled to meet with Ilmars Rimsevics, Bank of Latvia President. Berzins also presents a letter of credence to Latvian ambassadors in Turkey and Hungary.
- A group of MPs meets with the delegation of the German – Baltic parliamentary group.
- The Cabinet of Ministers holds a meeting of the Commission.
- Members of the Parliamentary Education, Culture and Science Committee meet with the Minister of Education and Science, Roberts Kilis, Minister of Culture, Zanete Jaunzeme-Grende, the Higher Education Council, the Council of Rectors, Latvian Student Union, as well as the Association of Universities and Colleges of Art. The goal of the meeting is to discuss the government regulations on accreditation procedure of universities, colleges and other higher education establishments.
- Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis meets with judge Egils Levits.
- Reform Party holds parliamentary faction meeting.
- The Coalition Cooperation Council holds a meeting.
- Strategic Development Committee holds its first meeting, with the goal to present the first version of the National Development Plan 2012 – 2020.
Tuesday, September 18:
- President Andris Berzins goes on a working visit to the Latvian counties of Nereta and Jaunjelgava.
- Cabinet of Ministers holds a meeting.
- Parliamentary committees hold meetings:
- Legal Affairs Committee reviews the amendments to the Law on National Referendums and Legislative Initiatives (before the second reading).
- Budget and Finance (Taxation) Committee reviews amendments to the Law on Value Added Tax, the Law on the State Revenue Service and the Law on Taxes and Fees.
- Defence, Internal Affairs and Corruption Prevention Committee works on amendments to the Law on the Public Prosecutor’s Office (for second reading).
- Public Administration and Local Government Committee works on amendments to the Law on Pre-election Agitation (before the second reading).
- Economic, Agricultural, Environmental and Regional Policy Committee reviews the Law on Universal Service in Power Supply (for the first reading).
- Public Expenditure and Audit Committee addresses issues relating to the parliamentary budget 2013, the parliamentary remuneration and costs of IT services provided to the Parliament.
Wednesday, September 19:
- President Andris Berzins meets with Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis, the Finance Minister Andris Vilks and the Economy Minister Daniels Pavluts. He is also schedulled to meet with Ruprecht Polenz, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Bundestag of Germany.
- Parliamentary committees hold meetings:
- Budget and Finance (Taxation) Committee reviews amendments to the following laws: On the Stabilisation of Self-government Finances and the Monitoring of the Financial Activities of Self-governments, On Insurance Companies and Supervision, On Credit Institutions, On the Financial Instruments Market and On Internal Audit.
- The European Affairs Committee discusses Latvia’s official standpoint in the meeting of the European Union Justice and Home Affairs Council, which will take place on September 20, 2012.
- Defence, Internal Affairs and Corruption Prevention Committee and the Legal Affairs Committee discuss possibilities to avoid registration of fake companies.
- Economic, Agricultural, Environmental and Regional Policy Committee reviews amendments on the Road Traffic Law and Railway Law.
- Public Expenditure and Audit Committee reviews the results of the State Audit Office’s financial audit in the Ministry of Interior;
- Social Cohesion Committee discusses issues related to the attitude towards World War II veterans;
- Public Administration and Local Government Committee works on amendments to the Law on Divestment (for second reading).
- The Greens and Farmers Union holds a parliamentary faction meeting.
Thursday, September 20:
- President Andris Berzins meets with Agriculture Minister Laimdota Straujuma and Foreign Minister Edgars Rinkevics. He is also schedulled to present credentials to the ambassadors of the Netherlands and Tajikistan in Latvia.
- The European Affairs Committee holds a meeting, with the goal to discuss Latvia’s official standpoint on the European economic and monetary union.
- Prime Minister Valdis Dombrovskis participates in the annual meeting of the Baltic Council of Ministers in Vilnius (Lithuania).
Friday, September 21:
- The European Affairs Committee holds a meeting, with the goal to discuss Latvia’s official standpoint in the EU Agriculture and Fisheries Council, as well as the EU General Affairs Council.