bnn.lv Latviski   bnn-news.com English   bnn-news.ru По-русски
Saturday 21.04.2018 | Name days: Marģers, Anastasija

Russian presidential election pronounced won by Putin

FaceBook
Twitter
Draugiem
(No Ratings Yet)

Russian President Vladimir Putin been announced as the winner of the Sunday, March 18, presidential election, as the politician has pledged to devote his new term in office to strengthen Russia’s defences against the West and to improve the quality of life.

Canadian-British news agency Reuters reports that on Sunday, March 18, the Russian Central Election Commission, with just over 70% of the votes counted, announced that Putin, who has been backed by the state television and the ruling party, had won 75.9 percent of the vote.

As Putin addressed supporters late on Sunday in a rally in Moscow, he said he saw the victory as a vote of confidence in what he had achieved in tough conditions and added: «It’s very important to maintain this unity. We will think about the future of our great Motherland».

Putin’s nearest follower, Communist Party candidate Pavel Grudinin, received some 13% and nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky received about 6% of votes in line with partial results.

Opposition leader Alexei Navalny, with his candidacy banned from election, is expected to push for anti-Putin protests to seek a re-run of the presidential vote he has described as neither free nor fair.

Ref: 111.111.111.5812

1. Yegor says:

Poor people. We can only sympathize with them. Another term of propaganda, brain wash and dictatorship.

• Anonymous says:

“Another term of propaganda, brain wash and (American) dictatorship”

in the Baltics, Ukraine and Poland (and other vassals of the U.S.)

• Yegor says:

Your meaningless reply only confirms what I have said: brain wash and propaganda. Long live Soviet Union!

• Anonymous says:

You are right:

“brain wash and propaganda”

in the Baltics, Ukraine, Poland and other vassal countries of the U.S.

And anti-Russian hysteria. I won’t be too optimistic to think it will stop after the next six years.

Long live the United States of America!

• Yegor says:

I have nothing to do neither with governments, nor US. I just have a head of my own on my shoulders and I use it to think, not only to eat, as you do.
            I (like most other people) can clearly see what Russia with its dwarf of a president does. You’re all falling back to the dear old times, from which you tried to escape. Good luck. Or should I say, I’m sorry for you?

• Troll factory says:

“I (like most other people) can clearly see what Russia with its dwarf of a president does.”

So even a dwarf can become a president and this world. What have you achieved, Mr Yegorka?

• L says:

I agree with you. But your sympathy is wasted on CCcp they prefer the dark ages. best to build wall around cccp minus the escapees and get on with our lives.

• Concerned person says:

Will Latvia hire workers from third countries to build the wall around CCCP? I am a bit concerned about labour shortage!

• L says:

BORING!!!!!!!!!!

• Yegor says:

Hey, troll. What are you doing here?

Kneel down to Yegor the Mighty!

2. Troll factory says:

“Opposition leader Alexei Navalny, with his candidacy banned from election”

Why doesn’t BNN mention the reason WHY this person’s candidacy was banned from election?

A person with a criminal past like Navalny cannot be a candidate in Russia, sorry folks.

• Yegor says:

You mean it’s better to have a pedophilic KGB whelp instead? Lol. All hail Vladimir the Shorty (I mean the Mighty), First Tsar of the Great Russtan! You miss peasant days? I assure you, you are already knee-deep there. Both legs.

• Navalny says:

“I just have a head of my own on my shoulders and I use it to think, not only to eat, as you do.”

Hmm… what’s the reason for you optimism, sir?

• Yegor says:

I apologize to you, troll-boy, if I have offended you. You don’t use your head even for eating. You mostly use it to drink. Don’t forget to show this to your Kremlin mentors, they might give you an additional bottle of vodka.

• Mountain troll says:

“I apologize to you, troll-boy, if I have offended you. You don’t use your head even for eating. You mostly use it to drink. Don’t forget to show this to your Kremlin mentors, they might give you an additional bottle of vodka”.

Your apologies are accepted. Mountain trolls pardon you.

• KGB says:

I think there’s been some misunderstanding. I think the leader of Russia should be appointed by a coalition of democratic countries.

By democratic countries I mean the ones that have brought democracy to Yugoslavia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Ukraine.

Only then there will be hope…

• Yegor says:

One of your mates at another news piece here on the site said “I hope someday the people of Russia will elect a President who will agree with all the… accusations made by Russia’s “foreign partners”, kneel down and beg pardon”.
          However strange that might seem, this is correct. Your president has to kneel down and beg for forgiveness for all that he and his gang have done. To Poland, Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Syria, etc. You are too narrow-minded to comprehend this, but your presidentling is leading you back to Dark Ages.

• Anonymous says:

“However strange that might seem, this is correct. Your president has to kneel down and beg for forgiveness for all that he and his gang have done. To Poland, Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Syria”

Hey, but what about Limpopo?

But in general I absolutely agree with you. And no, I don’t want to see someone from KGB as president.

I want the president to be Mr. Yegor.

• Yegor says:

No, thanks. Don’t want to rule a bunch of brain-washed zombified drunkards.

Aren’t you tired of this botoxed buffoon of a president?

Instead of establishing normal and friendly relations and economic ties with other countries, you’re burning all bridges. This is narrowmindness. We’re not in Middle Ages anymore. Well, most part of the globe at any rate.
              The whole world is laughing at your president. And at you as well.

• Forest troll says:

“Aren’t you tired of this botoxed buffoon of a president?”

• Yegor says:

“I am totally tired. That’s why we need Yegorka to lead us out of the Middle Ages.”

Poor stupid thing. You can whine as much as you can, that won’t help. You have made your choice. Now make sure you have enough lubricants. Cause, knowing they won’t last long, they will make the most of you.
              But it’s nothing new to you, as you are not people, you’re just cattle. Submissive, weak, bullied and mindless.

3. Yegor says:

Bla-bla-blah. We’ve already heard that crap from you before. Try to be more original, say something intelligent, not from your Kremlin rulebook. Though, of course, we understand, that it’s difficult, as you have no brain.
    As to the lubricants, ask your mother.

• Pomidor says:

Sorry, mister, I am asking you. Because you are an expert in lubricants.

You don’t know? Ask your master Obama. Don’t forget to kneel down in front of him.

• Troll-Chief says:

Troll-Pomidor, please, update your troll rulebook. Looks like your version is outdated (Obama is no longer the president of the US).

4. Yegor says:

People, don’t believe that troll who is using my nickname! The real Yegor is me!

Call me Yegor the Mighty, the Terror of the Kremlin Dwarves! My anger will punish Putin the Shorty! I will force the whole KGB to kneel down and pray for mercy! But my sword has no mercy!

That second Yegor is just boring troll!

I am the thunder of the gods! I will destroy the kingdom of the dwarves!

Yegor the Mighty!

• Yegor teh Brave says:

Hey you! How dare you to use my name! Don’t you know who I am? Yegor the Brave! Kremlin dwarves tremble in fear when they hear my name! And you know why? Because they know the power of my sword! My sword was given to me by my master Obama the Victorious! I will make the dwarves crawl on their knees and beg the whole world’s pardon! They will answer for all they have done, they will be punished for all the evil they have done to this world! My mighty sanctions will return them to the Middle Ages and then to the Stone Age! And they will answer for the extinction of dinosaurs because we know who did it!

Hail Yegor the Brave!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

• To all the midnless trolls out there says:

Repeat after me: “Putin is Tsar! Putin is God!” When you’ve learned that (and it might take awhile, seeing the size of your intellect), you have to print it out and hang over your bed. Then, if you say it at least three times a day (bowing each time), one day it will become real! I’m serious.
        Putin is doing it all the time. For example, he used to say: “Nemtsov was killed by the Chechens. Nemtsov was killed by the Chechens. Nemtsov was killed by the Chechens”. And hey presto! The whole country believed it! And, as you know, if you believe in something really hard, it will become real. Another example: “There are no Russian military on Donbas. There are no Russian military on Donbas. There are no Russian military on Donbas”. Same thing. So don’t be shy and give it a try.
        By the way, Donbas sounds strangely similar to your name, troll, – Dumbass. Coincidence?

• Yegor says:

Your trolling is pathetic. You don’t even know how to troll. Very, very bad.

Tak dyelo nye poydyot.

• Troll says:

Putin is Tasr. Putin is God. Putin is Tasr. Putin is God. Putin is Tasr. Putin is God…

• Kremlin dwarves says:

You are trying to deceive us! Our new god is Yegor!

• Trolls says:

Putin is Tsar. Putin is God.
                They won’t kill our God. Sure, you can’t kill a God, can you?
                Putin is Tsar. Putin is God.
                Putin is Tsar. Putin is God…

• Yegor says:

What? I am your new Tasr!

• Navalny says:

No! We are the power here!

• Yegor the Mighty says:

No, Kremlin dwarves have chosen me. So, step aside both of you.

• Kremlin dwarves says:

You are not Yegor the Mighty! You are Yegor the Troll! Take off your mask, troll!

We have never chosen you! You have falsified our elections!

• Medvedev says:

Hey, I also want to become tsar-god. I’m as short as Putin. Or maybe even shorter.

• Lavrov says:

Me too.

• Shoigu says:

And me.

• Navalny says:

Hey guys, can I join? I am not that short yet, but I am working on it!

• Putin says:

You Kremlin dwarves, how dare you worship someone else?! I am your tsar and god. You will pay for this, I swear by my botoxed butt, baldy head and small… well, never you mind.
                Putin is Tsar. Putin is God.

• Dwarves says:

Take off your mask, troll!

We worship only Yegor the Mighty Dwarf!

• Anonymous says:

And you call yourself a troll? You’re an imbecile. You can’t cope with an amateur. What moron hired you?
                Perhaps your nation desreves such a president as Putin? A retard to lead retards.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Economy Ministry: producer prices will affect dynamics of raw material prices

Producer prices in industry will grow in 2018 similarly as they had in 2017. Producer price level is largely affected by fluctuations of raw material prices in the world, as noted by Latvia’s Economy Ministry.

PUC: Gaso’s separation from Latvijas Gāze was legal

After examining documents submitted by the transmission system’s operator, the Public Utilities Commission concluded that activities performed by AS Gaso as part of reorganization of Latvijas Gāze were sufficient to ensure compliance with requirements for independence, as reported by PUC representatives.

Industrial producer prices in Latvia up 3.5%

Compared to February, level of producer prices in the Latvian industry rose by 0.2 % in March 2018. Prices of products sold on the domestic market grew by 0.1 %, but prices of exported products went up by 0.4 %.

Municipality: after meeting in summer, British Steel refused to buy KVV Liepājas metalurgs

After the meeting that took place at the end of August 2017, British Steel, which had previously voiced an interest in KVV Liepājas metalurgs, refused to purchase the bankrupt company, says Liepaja City Council chairman’s advisor for public relations matters Andrejs Rjabcevs.

SRS determines Latvian officials with the largest salaries

Thanks to real estate transactions Prison Administration Chief Ilona Spure and Healthcare Minster Anda Čakša had the largest income among state officials in 2017. The holder of the largest wage among state officials remains the governor of the Bank of Latvia Ilmārs Rimšēvičs, according to information compiled by the State Revenue Service.

Total tax debts in Latvia – EUR 1.255 billion

At the beginning of April total tax debts in Latvia, including outstanding, halted and payment extensions, was EUR 1.255 billion, which is 3.2% lower than the previous month.

Eight-year-long Latvian-Russian state border demarcation process concludes

Latvian-Russian state border demarcation documents have come to force. 21 April 2018 marked the conclusion of the two countries’ joint border demarcation process that lasted eight years, as reported by Latvia’s Foreign Affairs Ministry’s press-centre.

Prosecutor general turns to Constitutional Court against MPC regulations

Latvia’s Prosecutor General Ēriks Kalnmeiers has submitted a case to the Constitutional Court about the non-compliance of the mandatory procurement component with the country’s Constitution.

Unity may become New Unity; Kariņš may become prime minister candidate

Unity may start in upcoming Saeima elections with a new name – New Unity. The party may pick MEP Krišjānis Kariņš as its prime minister candidate, as reported by Panorāma programme of LTV.

France to fine for naming veggie foods in meat terms

In France, vegetable-based products such as soya steaks or vegetarian sausages marketed as meat substitutes are to be banned in France for misleading consumers as it will be prohibited for food producers to use any meat terms to label products that do not contain meat.

Breach intensity on a rise near Latvia’s state border

Two groups of Vietnamese citizens were caught in an illegal attempt to cross Latvia’s border and multiple cigarette-smuggling attempts were thwarted by authorities in April, as reported by Latvia’s State Border Guard.

Latvia downgraded in openness of civic space rating

Citing Latvian laws as showing less respect fundamental freedoms since 2017, CIVICUS, the international organisation promoting and monitoring civil society and citizen participation in democracies, has downgraded the rating of the openness of the civic space in Latvia from «Open» to «Narrowed».

Authorities to check Riga City Council member Frolovs’ possibly fictive employment in Getliņi Eko

Corruption Prevention and Combating Bureau has commenced an inspection following Riga City Council deputy Juta Strīķe. In it, she detailed concerns about the possible fictive employment of city council deputy Vladimirs Frolovs in Getliņi Eko.

Jekabpils Council divides a pie, not duties; will the management change?

Disputes have commenced amidst the ranks of members of Jekabpils City Council – coalition member Kristīne Ozola from the National Alliance says behaviour of the city council’s management made her change her mind in regards to supporting the ruling coalition.

U.S. urges Moscow to address election, chemical weapons' and Ukraine issues

The United States government has asked the Kremlin to act on U.S. concerns on election meddling, the Salisbury chemical attack in UK, as well as the military developments in Ukraine and Syria.

Latvijas Krājbanka’s administrator recovered EUR 114,800 in March

The administrator of the liquidated Latvijas Krājbanka EUR 114,823 in March, which is 16.9% less than a month ago, according to the report published in Latvian Herald.

Basque militants ETA apologise to killed and injured readying for dissolution

ETA, the Basque military organisation that has fought for the establishment of an independent country in northern Spain and south-western France for 50 years, has apologised for causing harm to victims of its campaign.

Every second resident in Latvia has a loan, and every third – a missed payment

Last year, the number of private person loans had increased nearly 10%, according to the Credit Information Bureau’s data exchange system. Currently this institution’s data archive contains entries for 899 thousand assets in private persons’ contracts. 290 thousand private persons have missed some of their payments.

State Secretary: Latvia and China share good economic cooperation perspectives

To present topical issues of Latvian-Chinese economic cooperation to businessmen, as well as contribute to formation of new business contacts, officials have launched the Latvia-Ningbo Economic & Trade Cooperation Symposium, as reported by Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Wet summer boosted air travel via Tallinn Airport

In Estonian passenger aviation, a considerable 19% growth has been observed by the Tallinn Airport in 2017, which has explained the increase in passenger numbers partly with unusually bad weather conditions.

ABLV Bank urges FinCEN to withdraw «exaggerated accusations»

Lawyers of ABLV Bank, which is currently in the process of self-liquidating, urge US Department of Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network to withdraw its published proposal, which details how ABLV Bank’s management had allegedly used bribes to influence Latvian officials and breach sanctions against North Korea.

Stoltenberg: NATO has no plans to boost military presence in Baltic States

NATO does not plan to increase its presence in Baltic States, which have requested additional aid against Russia’s potential aggression, as announced by the alliance’s Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.

Mass evacuation in Berlin to defuse 500 kg bomb

In Berlin, after an unexploded bomb weighing 500 kg has been discovered, part of the German capital is being evacuated on Friday, April 20, in order to defuse the World War II weapon.

Friday will be warm and sunny in Latvia; weather to become cold and rainy later

Friday will be warm in Latvia, but weather will change on Saturday and Sunday – wind speed will increase and air temperature will drop. A wide low atmospheric pressure area above Northern Europe will be dictating weather next week. This means there will be more rain in Latvia, as reported by State Environment, Geology and Meteorology Centre.

New Cuba's President sees no room for capitalists in country

In Cuba, its First Vice-president Miguel Díaz-Canel has become the first President of the communist Carribean country ending the rule of Castro brothers.